1 st Round Date : Till Oct 26th (Registration Procedures + Auditions)
Semi Finals Date: Nov 1st to Nov 10th
Finals Date : Dec 2nd 2019
ACAPELLA -GROUP VOCAL COMPETITION
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music. The human voice is the
most intricate instrument of all, as it can make you feel what mere words can't. Bring out the Barden
Bellas and Treble Makers as your voices replace all accompaniment to find that perfect harmony."
No: of Rounds: 3
1. 1st Round: Preliminary Audition
2. Semi Final Round: Online Elimination Round
3. Final Round: Live Performance (Finale)
One team can have members of Age Group from 6 to 22.
Grand Final Round – Rules & Regulations
1. Applicable to best 10 Vocal Groups selected from Semi Finale which were published on Nov 12th 2019.
2. Finalist Teams need to give a Live Stage Performance at the event venue, in front of eminent Jury members & Audience, which will be happening on Dec 2nd 2019.
3. Time limit: 8 + 2 minutes (set up and sound check).
4. In case of failure to adhere to the time limit, the output volume will be cut.
5. Minimum 3 and Maximum 12 participants per team
6. Backing tracks and accompaniments of any kind are not permitted
7. There is no language, genre, or style barrier.
8. Vulgarity in lyrics will lead to disqualification.
9. One participant cannot be part of two participating teams.
10. All music should be played live on stage.
11. In case of conflict, the judges’ decision will be final and binding.
12. Judging will be based on Balance and blend of voices (harmony), Creativity and difficulty of
arrangement, Tone quality, Interpretation, Dynamics, Rhythm accuracy
13. ITH reserves the right to cancel or add Institute teams in this competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control, or if the number of participating teams do not exceed the minimum number decided by ITH for Finale.
14. The Decision of Panel of Judges shall be final & abiding to all. The Parents/ Participants/ school authorities will have no right to contact Judges directly. Complaints from Parents/ Teachers will not be entertained, however, in the of any discrepancy; the authorized Cultural/Art Institute representative can submit a written complaint to the Organizers office at the Venue within 15 minutes soon after the declaration of the results and to pay a non – refundable fee of AED 250/- per complaint. The Cultural /Art Institute authorities should assign a team manager for this particular event to coordinate with the Organizing committee
15. The contestants should complete their makeup & costume before one hour the event is scheduled to be held. If contestants are not available at the venue after third call, the organizers will have the right to cancel his/ her participation. Only two minutes will be provided for Stage Setting apart from the allotted Time Frame for each Live Stage event (Exception only for Amplified (Music Band) & Super Six Show)
16. Cultural/Art Institute Representatives (or) parents should take care of their wards and their personal belongings. Indywood Team will not bear responsibility for any loss or damage.
Prizes & Opportunities
1. Prize winners will be honored on Day 2 of Finals, which will be conducted along with valedictory
function. Prize winning Teams can collect their prizes at the ceremony. Participation certificates
will be issued through respective schools.
2. Grade system will be applicable to find out Individual Champions in Sub Junior, Junior, Senior
and Super Senior (Girls/Boys) Individual Events. For the Overall Championship, points of the
group events will also be counted. Game of Chords is a Solo Event.
70% and above A Grade - 5 Points (Individual)/10 Points (Group)
40 – 55% C Grade - 1 Point (Individual)/2 Points (Group)
First Prize Grade points + 5 Points (Individual)/10 Points(Group)
Second Prize Grade points + 3 Points (Individual)/6 Points (Group)
Third Prize Grade points + 1 Point (Individual)/2 Points (Group)
3. Individual Champions will be awarded with Mr. Indywood (Boy) / Ms. Indywood (Girl)- (Sub Juniors, Juniors, Seniors & Super Seniors Separate). At least 1 First prize in any event and a prize in any other event is required to get qualified for the individual championship. If no one meets this requirement individual champions shall be selected on basis of max points obtained. Then also, if no one meets the requirement, group event points will be considered.