1. Team Size :
3. Call for Entries
1st March 2018
4. Submission Date Deadline
31st July 2018 (For Audition)
5. Rules & Regulations
Rounds(s): 2 (Audition and Finals)
For Audition Round:
- Individual/Team is required to compose a demo song of their choice in any Genres they prefer, in any language.
- The song theme must be based on the Project Indywood.
Let me give you a brief Idea on Project Indywood concept & Indywood Film Carnival -18 (4th Edition).
What does it take for a film to enter a multi-million dollar club?
A billion dollar vision! As the canvas of films grows bigger in India, so does the need to expand beyond conventional borders and to tap the full spectrum of the domestic audience, Indian diaspora and the global film market. Project Indywood, the USD 10 billion visionary project has been at the forefront of uniting all Indian regional film industries under one umbrella and connecting the industry with global stakeholders of cinema. By bridging the gap between the Indian and International film market, and opening new avenues for international trade and investments, Indywood will help promote Indian cinema globally, thereby benefitting its film industry, both financially and qualitatively.
Indywood Film Carnival is the flagship event of Project Indywood. Indywood Film Carnival has been a platform to meet, connect and showcase the best of India’s numerous film industries with national and international stakeholders of cinema. It is where film makers, production houses, technology providers and aspiring artists converge to make the dream of a unified Indian film industry a reality. Continuing the success streak of its predecessors, Indywood Film Carnival shall return for its fourth edition from Dec 1-4, 2018. The event shall comprise of the All Lights India International Film Festival (ALIIFF), Indywood Film Market, Indywood Talent Hunt, Investors Meet and an array of Excellence Award.
We would request you to kindly go through the following links to get more details about Indywood Film Carnival.
Event brochure and post event reports of IFC 2015 & 2016:
Youtube Link to IFC-'17 video:
IFC 2016 photo gallery:
IFC 2015 photo gallery:
- Time limit: 2 – 5 minutes (Demo Track)
- Individual/ Team should upload the link of their demo song at the time of Submission.
- The best 50 demo tracks will be selected by Jury panel and will be informed via email on 6th August, 2018.
For Final Round (Best 25):
- The selected Individual/ Team have to submit their Original song (Audio) for the prescribed theme as above on 1st Dec, 2018 at Indywood Talent Hunt 2018 at Ramoji Film City (RFC).
- It is mandatory to bring the WAV file format of the song along with the MP3 format at RFC.
- Time limit: 3-5 minutes
- Fusion of languages can be done.
- The winners will be decided at RFC during Indywood Film Carnival (IFC) 2018 by the renowned International/ National Jury Panel from Music Industry.
- The winning track will be officially played at IFC venue infront of well known Filmmakers and Film related personalities.
6. General Rules:
- The decision of the judges will be final.
- Any languages are allowed
- Rap is allowed.
- Purely classical numbers are not allowed, however a classical refrain is permitted.
- The time limit should be followed strictly.
- Obscenity of any kind is not allowed and will lead to immediate disqualification.
- Violation of any of the above rules, will lead to disqualification
7. Judging Criteria
- Overall depiction of the theme through the song
- Creativity with Genre
- Lyrical Content
- Original tune
- Coherence – Harmony of the melody and lyrics.
- Overall performance
8. Submission Fees
- The Submission fee for the contest is INR 1000.
- 2 - 5 Minutes for Audition round
- 3 - 5 Minutes for final round
- A prize money of INR 1,00,000 for the winning team.
- An opening into the entertainment industry.
- The winning Performance Video/audio will be displayed at the Indywood film Carnival-4thEdition, 2018 to be held at Ramoji Film City, Hyderabad as well as promoted through Indywood TV.
11. How to apply?
- Those contestants that reside in different cities of India, can fill online in the sign up form available for the respective event on the website, www.indywoodtalentclub.com/talentclubregistration
- Applicants must fill in all the required details and also upload content showcasing the reason/talent for their selection.
- The entries will be shortlisted by ITC/ITH Jury Committee and the only selected candidates will be eligible for Online Voting/ Audience Poll Round.
- Participant Age limit is 30. No Minimum age limit.
- In the event of a performance video/audio being withdrawn, ITC will not be liable to refund the fee or return the materials entered.
- A fee is required upon submission. For payment structures, see elsewhere on ITC site. Please ensure your performance video/audio is ready to send to us at the time of entry.
- One entry fee per category. The same video/audio can be entered into one or more categories, if it matches the category theme, but each category requires an entry fee.
- Exclusively the participant shall pay all fees in relation to the uploading or transportation of submissions from their place of origin to the address of ITC. ITC will not be responsible for the cost of receiving any additional materials i.e. DVDs, posters, photos, etc.
- If additional video/audio material used in your Performance video/audio is not original, then permission from source must be obtained. The responsibility for this rests entirely with the video/audio maker. Failure to obtain clearance could result in your video/audio being withdrawn from the competition. In this event, ITC will not be liable to refund the fee or return the materials entered.
- The submission of a performance video/audio to the competition will be considered to be an acknowledgement of the Competitions rules.
- Enclosures including the Participating team photos (2 no’s) and a short synopsis must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The deadline for all entries is 6:00 pm IST on Tuesday, July 31st, 2018.
- Successful entries will be acknowledged via E-mail/Submission Platforms by August 6th, 2018.
14. Selection Process
- Entries will be previewed by Pre-Selection Committee, and the best 50 shortlisted performances from the First round will be forwarded to the Finals during Indywood Talent Hunt-18 at Ramoji Film City, Hyderabad.
- The best 25 shortlisted movies from the Semi-Finals round will be forwarded to the Finals during Indywood Talent Hunt-18 at Ramoji Film City,Hyderabad.
- The decision of the selection committees and the jury will be final & binding on all and will not be subject to discussion.
15. Rights of ITC/ITH Authorities
- ITC/ITH Authorities reserve the right to accept or not to accept any video/audio on any ground including the likelihood of the video/audio offending the feelings of any state, religion, country or on the grounds such as racism and religion.
- Decisions of the ITC/ITH Authorities regarding all matters not expressly provided for in these regulations or which require interpretation of the clauses mentioned above shall be final & binding on all parties.
- It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to secure clearance from the copyright holders of any copyrighted materials included within the submitted video/audio.
- ITC/ITH will not be held responsible for the unauthorized inclusion of any copyrighted materials within or relating to the submitted video/audio. ITC reserves the right to disqualify any video/audio with any unauthorized inclusion of copyrighted materials.
- All the rights including but not limited to the intellectual property rights, copyrights and all other allied, ancillary and subsidiary rights in any and all media in and to the photographs, tapes, movies and recordings of everything the applicant say and do during the pre-auditions and auditions of the Contest, Post Contest Shoot, Promotional Activity and/or otherwise related to the Contest shall vest with creator, expect the final round work, which will remain with ITC/ITH. However the work submitted will be used for the promotion purpose of the Indywood.
- The Jury for ITC/ITH will consist of a Chairman along with not less than two and not more than eight members. The decisions of the jury will be taken by a simple majority of the members present and voting.
- Jury will determine the winning video/audio and will be composed of individuals selected by the ITC/ITH Authorities. The decision of Jury will be final and binding to all.
- The Jury has the right to withhold an award in any category where no entries, in the Jury’s view, meet its standards for award/recognition.
- The jury can evolve its own rules for assessment of the entries.
- No person in any way connected with the production or commercial exploitation of a competitive entry will be a member of the jury.
- All members of the jury will refrain from releasing any articles or reviews to the press concerning the video/audio submitted for their judgement until after jury’s decision have been formally announced at the closing function.
- The video/audio once submitted for selection as well as digital tapes/media sent for the final screening will be retained for the Competition Archive. Also, CDs/DVDs containing photographs & publicity material received will not be returned.
- Cost of transportation of tapes/media and all related documents, publicity materials to the ITC/ITH Office shall be borne by the entrant
- A Video/audio can be submitted for multiple award categories.
- Video/audio may be entered by any organization/agency or by an individual Video/audio Producer/Director who holds the copyright or with consent letter from the producer. There is no restriction on number of entries.
- ITC is under no obligation to provide comments or feedback's regarding the submitted video/audio to applicant or any other representative of the submitted video/audio.
- For promotional/publicity purposes, clippings from any video/audio entered in the competition may be shown on the National/International Television/Local network/Internet etc.
- Submissions with incorrect/inadequate/illegible/ambiguous particulars will not be considered.
- All disputes in respect of any matter relating to the ITC shall be subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts and forums in Kerala.